NEST provides sound Nutrition and targeted Education in a Safe neighborhood environment that will Transform the outcome of at-risk school-age children.
NEST (Nutrition, Education, Safety, Transformation) Community Learning Center (CLC) was founded in March 2016 with the mission to address academic and non-academic barriers that perpetuate the cycle of generational poverty in suburban communities. NEST CLC provides sound Nutrition and targeted Education in a Safe neighborhood environment to Transform the outcome of at-risk school-age children. Through its innovative mobile classroom, NEST delivers free, workable, proven programs and strategies to the suburban poor in their own "backyard" affording those it serves a fighting chance to change their futures.
Today you can make a huge impact on the continuing work that NEST Community Learning Center is doing.
There are multiple ways to give:
- Volunteer - help with homework, reading or fun OR behind the scenes (drivers for the NEST-mobile, fundraising, computer skills) We can't do it alone!
- Fund raise - let us know how you can help!
- Gift cards - Walmart, Meijer, Kroger for healthy after school snacks
- Corporate Support - we accept matching or corporate donations
- Donation - through PayPal or a check
Thank you for your support ... we can't do it without you.
Check This Out!
Saturday, October 13, 2018!
"It is well known that economic deprivation early in life sets children on a trajectory toward diminished educational and occupational attainment."
-Stressing Out the Poor by Gary W. Evans, Jeanne Brooks Gunn, and Pamela Kato Klebanov